Specifics and benifits of this investment package:
Who This Serves
Almost 200 dedicated and well trained Heart House volunteers offer comfort, compassion and dignity to make a meaningful difference to those with a life-threatening illness. All services are provided free of charge to the client and their family. The backbone of our work is the volunteer. The average time a client is served by a volunteer is 42 weeks. Given that the current daily cost for a hospital bed is well over $900 per day, Heart House annual costs for serving almost 1200 clients at home is clearly an effective and efficient option, saving our community hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.
- Ten-Week Professional Training Course: Thirty Hour Heart House Training, Post Training Evaluation and Readiness, On Line Training, and Volunteer Resource Package.
- Volunteer Coordination Centre: Human Resources, Volunteer Screening Interviews and Orientation Days.
- Waiting List Reduction Recruiting Plan: Community Recruiting Drive, Advertising Initiatives, Community Presence Seminars and Outreach.
- Software Systems Upgrade: Matching Volunteer to Client, Statistics Gathering and Analysis, Scheduling Software and Staff Technology Education Upgrades.
- Evening / Weekend Expansion: Volunteer Work/Life Balance Schedules.
- Volunteer Retention: Skills Upgrade Training, Volunteer Recognition and Awards, Professional Networking, Library Resources and Specialized Volunteer Placements (Therapeutic Touch, Fundraising, Administration etc.).
- Diversity and Multicultural Programs: Training Seminars, Community Inclusiveness Partnerships.
To fulfill all of the above we have different "purchase prices" for each donor. This flexibility lets you know how together we are making a difference. One investment opportunity starts at $750/month. Contact us
personally at the Resource Development Department to learn of these different opportunities that you can fulfill.
* Costs include everything needed to deliver this program but subtract all Government, Individual and United Way assistance.