Anyone Can Make A Referral
With the permission of the client call Heart House Hospice (905) 712-8119 and say
you would like to make a referral. Our Administrative Assistant would be happy to
take your referral. Referrals are triaged by the Care Coordinators.
The following information is helpful:
- Address, postal code and phone number
- Birth date
- Contact name & phone number
- Physician's name
- Nature of illness (diagnosis/prognosis)
- Reason for referral - e.g. what kind of help do you think the patient and family
Heart House Staff
- will then contact the family and make a home visit, to determine what support from
Hospice would be helpful
- will work with you to keep you aware of Hospice involvement.
Admission to appropriate hospice services will be arranged by Care Coordinator following
the in-home assessment.
Heart House Care Coordinators request that you keep Hospice informed of change in
clientï¿½s status or location.
Eligibility for Hospice Services
- Client permission.
- Life-threatening / terminal illness - not disease specific.
- Prognosis of less than a year.
- Living in Brampton or Mississauga.
- Any age.
- No cost.
- Early referral preferred.